cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service contract on out-dated, no longer in service hardware......

rgillette5
Level 1
Level 1

I work for a school district.  I purchased a few Cisco 3500i APs from an auction.  Now I go to try and download software for some old 3560 switches or a 5500 WLC, or the aps and I now have to get a service contract it says.  It's even more rediculous that all of this stuff is EOL.  Give the little guy a freaking break here.  I spent twenty bucks on this stuff.  I would like to put a AP in my two garages.  Was hoping that I could do it for not a lot of money, but I can see it's not gonna happen.  Thanks Cisco for making something much harder than it needs to be.  Just like everything else Cisco does.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ok, here goes ... 

Autonomous IOS for the AP3500 can be found HERE.  Why am I mentioning this?  Find a version that is the "latest".  Take note exact filename of the firmware as well as the web link to the file.  

Next, read this Security Bulletin very carefully:  Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi Protected Access and Wi-Fi Protected Access II

Scroll down to the "Customers Without Service Contracts" section and read those two paragraphs very, very carefully.  

IMPORTANT:  DO NOT CALL TAC -- Send them an email.  

So here's the deal:  When dealing with TAC, the process flows faster if the Entitlements Team are provided with the filename of the firmware that needs to be published.  The web link to the file would be beneficial. 

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: