Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Software Manager On-Prem Registration

martinp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am currently in the process of building an on-prem smart software manager running version 7-201907. When registering the satellite to your smart account,  why do you have to specify a virtual account as part of the registration process. What is this virtual account used for.

Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

renjithg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for delayed response!

Local Satellite account is registered to Virtual account not to Smart account. There is one to one mapping between local satellite account and virtual account.

Smart account is created on corporate domain.

You can create multiple virtual account under one smart account. Licenses are hosted on virtual account and in this way you can

segregate virtual account and restrict license usage and entitlement with respect to virtual account.

Let me know if this answer the questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

renjithg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry for delayed response!

Local Satellite account is registered to Virtual account not to Smart account. There is one to one mapping between local satellite account and virtual account.

Smart account is created on corporate domain.

You can create multiple virtual account under one smart account. Licenses are hosted on virtual account and in this way you can

segregate virtual account and restrict license usage and entitlement with respect to virtual account.

Let me know if this answer the questions.