Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to print via VPN but fine with LAN

SGR2023
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.

We are using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for remote login to access the corporate resource, we are able to print document via VPN and LAN for certain department within the same VLAN, but unable to print for new printer via VPN but fine with LAN.

Would appreciate if someone could share if you happen to know the resolution. Kindly help to forward the right cisco group.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Sorry I get your Q now'

Check 

1- if you have tunnel all check vpn filter

2- if you have split check specific lan allow for split tunnel

3- from this new vlan check path to vpn pool in FW' is it recheable or not

Hi

If I understood correctly your scenario you have users remotly connecting to the Corporate network via anyconnect and they can print document using the corporate print? Is that correct?  Well, wondering why someone remotely would print a document on the office. But if that is ok then ok.

Back to the problem, then you said that for new printers you can print from the LAN (Locally) but not from VPN (Remotely) right ?   If my assumption is right, then probably they permitted the printers on the VPN tunnel by using IP address instead network and when you add a new printer you need to add one more IP address to the Access list.

SGR2023
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio, 

Yes for the new printers we can print from the LAN (Locally) but not from VPN (Remotely).

Is there any steps we miss out or reference guide to add new printer with IP address to the Access list?

Hi @SGR2023 

I will depend on the firewall you have. Do you know which Firewall is it?

If you are using ASA, this guide can help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/pix-500-series-security-appliances/99103-pix-asa-vpn-filter.html#anc6