cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is smart account domain

speakerperez
Level 1
Level 1

After following the instruction on how to create the Cisco smart account, I received this email and our account is still pending.

On x/xx/2019, (my email) requested a CUSTOMER Smart Account for domain our.company.com wherein you aSmart Account, Cisco Softwarre the Creator/Approver. The account is currently pending domain approval because of a domain mismatch.

Please be advised that the Approver/Creator of the account must be from this Company/Corporation and the Smart Account domain requested our.company.com  should match the company email domain.

My question is, what is the "Smart Account domain"?? Do I need to register a public subdomain for cisco to verify that or what? Can't find any documentation on this part of smart account creation. I'm stuck on this procedure.

PS. I'm the creator/approver of our cisco company account. This is the first account setup.

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @speakerperez ,

You must ensure that your email domain is part of your company email domain.

I think it should be something like this:

My mail: lcordova@ciisa.cl

My company: www.ciisa.cl

I leave these help links for the creation of a Cisco Smart Account:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/software/smart-accounts/q-and-a-c67-741561.pdf

https://community.cisco.com/t5/smart-licensing-enterprise/create-a-customer-smart-account/ba-p/3722129#M36

Regards

I actually followed the second link you provided(the video tutorial), and I received this message after continuing to complete smart account setup.

"Sorry, it appears that this account has an account domain identifier that is pending Cisco approval. A Cisco Administrator should be contacting you shortly."

This is where I got stuck.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: