cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the purposes Publisher and Subscriber?

brian.koomen
Level 1
Level 1

Newbie here.....so keep this in mind when reading.  

We had a vendor setup our phone system in our company.  The system was setup with two cisco 7000 servers.  One being a Pub and the other the Sub.  I was under the impression that if one of the servers Pub or Sub went down, the system would keep on going.

For some reason this never seems to happen when we have issue with either server.   Case and point....The Subscriber had two disk failures (thankfully on 2 separate Virtual Disks) but when it happened the server locked up and was not responding.  When the sub stopped responding, we could not receive any inbound calls but could make outbound call.....  The vendor "did something" and was able to get inbound call issue resolved.  But did not understand how the Sub would affect this as I thought the Sub was for failover only.

So.... my questions are: Did the vendor sell us a phone system/call center that doesn't work as it should, or do we have a misconfigured system?  In addition to this, is there any information on how the Pub and Sub are supposed to work and/or be configured?

If I posted in the wrong forum, my apologies.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-b

1 Reply 1

enwosu
Level 1
Level 1

I do not see any reason why services/functionality should't failover to yor sub if the pub goes down. Must be a msconfig somewhere.