Views
Helpful
Replies

When did Cisco Anyconnect stop allowing connect Thru a Public Network

IkeW0911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 
I use Cisco AnyConnect Version 4.10.07073 for connecting to my work network from home. 

About 3 weeks ago it quit working (kept giving me a Navigation Timeout error message).

I got with my IT at work and after much Troubleshooting we determined it was due to that fact 
that my network was set to "Public" instead of Private. 

My network has always been "Public" and I don't understand why all of a sudden I can't 
connect with AnyConnect using a Public Network on my computer. 

Thanks for any assistance on this. 

Regards,
Ike

8 Replies 8

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Ike,

While it's unusual for the network setting to impact the connection suddenly, there might be several factors at play. Double-checking your firewall settings, ensuring AnyConnect is allowed through, and verifying DNS configurations could help resolve the Navigation Timeout error. Additionally, updating AnyConnect to the latest version or reinstalling the software might address compatibility issues.

Regards

Good morning,
This was all checked and verified to be correct.
I had our IT Department working on this and they were even stumped as to why it required the network to be
set as private versus Public.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Ike

Can i see profile of your anyconnect 

MHM

You use auth using cert.

When you in public can your pc connect to CA of cert. To verify the cert. Of anyconnect server?

MHM

Good morning,
Yes it validates Certificates
It's after that step as it's bringing up the "Sign in Screen" that it gives the
"Navigation Timeout Error".

Thanks.
IKE

Use anyconnect and share excat error message appear 

And in same time what you see in anyconnect app (there is also some hint in appear there)

MHM

This is what was coming up when I was getting the error.