Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When I start IOL image router it stops within few seconds on EVE

When I start IOL image router it stops within few seconds on Eve-ng. please help to fix this issue.

9 Replies 9

Martin L
VIP
VIP

they have their own forum and FAQs you should read/contact Eve.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

davd.cachia
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys found a solution

SSH eve and run the Linux command below

/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions

mukhtar.aliyev
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.eve-ng.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/EVE-Comm-BOOK-1.09-2020.pdf   Page33: Step 6 : IMPORTANT Open VM Settings. Set the quantity of CPUs and number of cores per socket. Set Intel VT-x/EPT. Hardware Virtualization engine to ON (checked). Once I checked this field, all nodes are started to work.

Our Eve-Pro is installed on a physical server so the above settings don't exist.

I have fixed permissions and followed the license gen instructions but still can't get an image to start.

Kindly reach in eve-ng community forum. I am sure you will get resolution.

Thanks

Yes I have done that as well. Just trying to seek help from as many avenues as possible.

It doesnt matter , just enable virtualization on your server. See logs of server when you start router in EVE-NG. You will see some errors because of it. Also see cookbook of EVE-NG

shambhu.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Check the correct license file and.

The newest IOL XE IOS from 2024 original filename does not have extension .bin which is required for EVE-NG. Simply rename your original IOL XE image, adding extension .bin and it is ready to upload in the EVE.

x86_64_crb_linux_l2-adventerprisek9-ms rename it to: x86_64_crb_linux_l2-adventerprisek9-ms.bin

x86_64_crb_linux-adventerprisek9-ms rename it to: x86_64_crb_linux-adventerprisek9-ms.bin

Upload the downloaded image to the EVE using for example FileZilla or WinSCP to:  /opt/unetlab/addons/iol/bin/.

Type following command to fix permissions:

/opt/unetlab/wrappers/unl_wrapper -a fixpermissions

IOL images must end with the “.bin” extension and must be executable. EVE-NG Pro has not required to generate iourc license.

License must be stored under the same path. IOU/IOL license is bound to the hostname and domain name of the server. A test should be made to check if IOU/IOL images can run properly.

Google for how to create iourc license file. Bellow is an EXAMPLE how it should look like:

cat /opt/unetlab/addons/iol/bin/iourc
[license]
unl01 = 0123456789abcdef;

Yes I followed the guide exactly. The nodes still start and then stop.