cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does Cisco Secure Client 5 (AnyConnect) not auto-reconnect?

sersch123
Level 1
Level 1

When my MacBook wakes from sleep, the Secure Client always shows a dialog saying my connection was interrupted (big surprise), which needs to be confirmed using a button, and then I need to click the Connect button to reconnect. Why can this not be automated? I don't see how any technological limitations would have to lead to this this usability issue. Do I really need to click the button myself each time when all the credentials etc are stored somewhere anyway? Could the tool just try it automatically at least once, at least if I configure it to?

7 Replies 7

in anyconnect profile there is reconnect-auto which you can use it to make client reconnect automatic.

sersch123
Level 1
Level 1

In what looks to be the profile used, the relevant part is:

<AutoReconnect UserControllable="true">true
			<AutoReconnectBehavior UserControllable="true">ReconnectAfterResume</AutoReconnectBehavior>
		</AutoReconnect>

Screenshot (338).png
since it user controller then you need to click the enable automatic vpn reconnect in Anyconnect mobility client 

sersch123
Level 1
Level 1

sersch123_0-1672927565560.png

As mentioned, I'm on a Mac and the preferences look like this. I assure you, every possible reconnect automation is activated.

how often user disconnect ?

sersch123
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure what you mean. I use sleep multiple times a day when I leave the computer and to my recollection, it never auto-reconnects. I would like it to auto-reconnect all the time, ideally.

sersch123
Level 1
Level 1

So I guess there is no answer to this. It's just bad design. Hoping for a fix in a future release.