Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Private Cloud vs Public Cloud Dashboard different

peter.peng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir:

Why Private Cloud vs Public Cloud dashboard has some different ?

1.The event security level: The public cloud has different security levels but private cloud doesn't has.

螢幕快照 2019-02-06 下午10.40.11.png

2.The private cloud doesn't has File analysis , but public cloud has. If I integrated with Thrid Grid application. Should it has file analysis ?

螢幕快照 2019-02-06 下午10.22.31.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter-

For your 1st Question:

The AMP Private Cloud solution is always going to be behind on features when compared to the AMP Public Cloud solution. This is due to the fact that the private cloud solution involves a lot more testing, QA, verifications, etc. when compared to the public cloud one. Updating and delivering features to public cloud solutions is always faster and easier. That is very common not just with Cisco but the industry as a whole. 

For your 2nd Question: 

There isn't an automatic file analysis for the private cloud solutions because it is meant to be "private" and not public :) Sending files for submission to the public cloud would defeat the idea of the AMP solution being private. If you want file analysis for an AMP Private Cloud solution then you need to get ThreatGrid Private Cloud as well. I hope this makes sense. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter-

For your 1st Question:

The AMP Private Cloud solution is always going to be behind on features when compared to the AMP Public Cloud solution. This is due to the fact that the private cloud solution involves a lot more testing, QA, verifications, etc. when compared to the public cloud one. Updating and delivering features to public cloud solutions is always faster and easier. That is very common not just with Cisco but the industry as a whole. 

For your 2nd Question: 

There isn't an automatic file analysis for the private cloud solutions because it is meant to be "private" and not public :) Sending files for submission to the public cloud would defeat the idea of the AMP solution being private. If you want file analysis for an AMP Private Cloud solution then you need to get ThreatGrid Private Cloud as well. I hope this makes sense. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: