cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have two Umbrella deployments for the same network?

Erick Calzada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody, thanks a lot for reading this post.

I was wondering if I can deploy any additional Umbrella protection (as a trial version) for a client who currently has an older license that soon will expire. Firstly, if we register the same IP public address to the second Umbrella deployment, how will it affect the first one? Maybe this new protection won't let me do it at all?

And secondly, what happens if I have two VAs currently running for the old Umbrella deployment? Can I use them as well for the new trial or do I have to create new virtual machines?

As always, thanks a lot for your responses, take care!

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Esha Goyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

I was wondering if I can deploy any additional Umbrella protection (as a trial version) for a client who currently has an older license that soon will expire.

> You have the option to renew your subscription.

Firstly, if we register the same IP public address to the second Umbrella deployment, how will it affect the first one? Maybe this new protection won't let me do it at all?

> One IP address cannot be registered to 2 organizations. To register it to new org, it should be deleted from the exiting/old org.

3. And secondly, what happens if I have two VAs currently running for the old Umbrella deployment? Can I use them as well for the new trial or do I have to create new virtual machines?

> YOu have to deploy VA's in the new org. we cannot move VA from one org to another . It is specific to an org.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Esha Goyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

I was wondering if I can deploy any additional Umbrella protection (as a trial version) for a client who currently has an older license that soon will expire.

> You have the option to renew your subscription.

Firstly, if we register the same IP public address to the second Umbrella deployment, how will it affect the first one? Maybe this new protection won't let me do it at all?

> One IP address cannot be registered to 2 organizations. To register it to new org, it should be deleted from the exiting/old org.

3. And secondly, what happens if I have two VAs currently running for the old Umbrella deployment? Can I use them as well for the new trial or do I have to create new virtual machines?

> YOu have to deploy VA's in the new org. we cannot move VA from one org to another . It is specific to an org.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, your response was very useful and I was able to test!

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: