Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple MDM support in AMP4E & Umbrella

amadoriale
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a customer with a worldwide presence. In the European region he is using as MDM MobileIron, while in the Americas they decided for Airwatch.

We are trying to understand if Umbrella and AMP can support 2 MDMs in the same interface.

In the documentation of both products it doesn't state anywhere that this is not possible, but when we try to add a second MDM to AMP, the original one is overwritten.

Ideas?

4 Replies 4

Craig Rees
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find any validation on this in the documentation either, but I did just test this and the same thing happens.  It only allows me to configure 1 MDM in the AMP4E dashboard, IOS Clarity, Setup Instructions, MDM integration.

I believe CISCO should state this clearly in their deployment guide - AMP4E supports a single MDM at a time. Apparently this might not be the case for Umbrella, but if it's the same as in ISE, it allows for multiple MDMs but in other Community posts people who have tried adding multiple ones state that it doesn't work correctly.

The fact though that you are the first person to reply makes me understand that not many people have tried this yet... 

Mike.Migliori
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for asking the question.  I too was going to add 2 MDMS to AMP, but before I tried, I thought I would search the internet and find this post.  I was afraid I would wipe out my Meraki MDM integration.  I now know that I should not try this.  However, I was successfully able to utilize the Cisco Security APP for iPad with Umbrella for both of my MDMs.  In intune you need to install your umbrella root certificate and distribute the Intune mobileconfig file from umbrella.   When the security APP is added to the machine, it shows that umbrella is working.   I see machines from both my meraki integration and my Intune.

For AMP it is also a mobileconfig file for Intune.  If you already have AMP set to Meraki, remember your API key, then switch to Intune and download the mobileconfig file for intune.  You will need to select a group, mine was protect.  Once you get the mobileconfig file, you can switch AMP back to the meraki API. No harm, no foul.  Distribute the mobileconfig file using Intune to your intune devices, and both meraki and your intune devices are now connected..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: