cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DevNet Associate Fundamentals Course, time & CE points?

eustas1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone completed the Cisco DevNet Associate Fundamentals Course?

According to the syllabus, its about 60-hours, and I think its just self-paced learning (although I'm not 100% sure?). Anyone completed it? Is it doable in 2-weeks if you had dedicated time? Do you get the 48 CE credits for completing the course or do you need to take the DevNet Associate exam to get the credits? How difficult is it?

3 Replies 3

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @eustas1,

I took the course and it was very helpful in me earning the DevNet Associate certification. Yes, you will earn 48 CE credits and a course certificate upon completion. It is self-paced. Two weeks to complete it would definitely be pushing it and you may not learn as much as you should. It is not extremely "difficult", because you just keep retaking the quizzes until you pass but it is not easy either; at least it wasn't for me. I would say it takes concentration and patience. This is not a video course so there is a lot of reading and interactive labs too. I used the text-to-speech from my browser to read most of the text sections out loud to me while I read-along and I found that helped me out.

I hope this helps you.

Alex

I have been looking for the link, do you mind sharing it? thank you in advance.

@eustas1  All self paced, its possible in two week but this does depend on your background and current experience. If you are going to commit to say two weeks, I would suggest in order to effectively spread out 60 hours of learning, it is important to set a goal, break the hours down into smaller chunks, prioritize the material, set a schedule, take notes, and get help when needed.

Start by deciding how much time you want to spend studying each day and what you want to learn by the end of the 60 hours. Then, break it down into manageable chunks, such as 2 hours a day over the course of a monthMake sure to set a schedule and stick to it, allowing for breaks and time for other activities. Additionally, take notes as you go, and review them regularly.

Finally, dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Like HERE - once you completed this, you can check your CE credits here  Here is the current link: https://cp.certmetrics.com/cisco/en/home/dashboard

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io