Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report Spam

Hi,

Can we have a report spam option here on netpro forum.

I have observed posts from "Steven Chen" on all forum topics. ID - " pass4surenl" -Pass4sure.nl Network Inc

There is one on the NetPro Idea center -

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Idea%20Center&topic=NetPro%20Ideas&topicID=.2cbe6274&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd23031

-> Sushil

16 Replies 16

Since we are discussing features, allow me to describe the ideal feature that would solve all security issues that can ever possibly exist!

I was once working in the same office with a colleague specialized in ATM switches (Cisco Stratacom series such as IGX/BPX/MGX). We would always have fun arguing about whether IGX is better than routers :-)

One of the times we were being attacked from the Internet, the attack was so heavy that there was nothing effective to be done from my side except to contact other providers upstream for help and hope for the best.

He then told me: A, IGX's do not face such issues! And in the next firmware release, they will automatically detect attacks that hit your routers, a hand would come out of the IGX, grab the attacker and beat him up!

We have been waiting for this feature for years now! :-)

I just watched some videos with cisco security response in the realm, which I have been ignoring for days. Have you seen it? It was very thoughtful of cisco to include a blonde woman in the comic, although I am not blonde! To be honest, when I was faced with attacks coming from our exit points, the adrenaline levels would climb so high, I felt like I was in a castle and I was using my shield to stop the high rates of packets, which might be an idea for the next episodes! I will be waiting for the "hand" feature to appear in the next episodes! :-)

Quick Links