Views
Helpful
Replies

API GET list of applications - Device/Host

thiagof4ke
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I'm trying to GET all the applications of a host. But I am not sure of what REST API method should I use.

I've already tried all the statistics methods for applications (GET Application...).

What I would like it is to receive a list of applications in a host (device), and what (MB/GB) they are consuming from the network.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There currently is no API support for retrieving applications running on a host device.  All of the application resources listed in the API documentation for 3.0 and 3.1 are for network applications (like http), similar to the Application dashboard in the UI (Dashboard > Performance > Application).

Hey Spencer, thank you for your support.

I'm trying to make something similar that appears on Dashboard > Performance > Interface. I'm attaching a picture to show what I want from the REST API.

I don't know if it's possible to mix the REST API methods for retrive something like that.

Anyway, thanks again.

top.PNG

graph.PNG

Then you'll probably want to use the Interface Metric Data resource.  The Interface Metrics Supported resource can list out the different metrics you can get and prepare an example query.  In this case, I believe you'd be looking for the "topnapplication" metric.

/webacs/api/v2/op/statisticsService/interfaces/metrics/topnapplication?device=<your_device_ip>&ifName=GigabitEthernet0/2

Edit: Grammar.

I'm doing some tests, but I am not able to open the webpage for GET Interface Metric Data.

The page don't load... Stay blank.

I would like to know other parameters that are accessible for this usecase.