cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I start using Meraki in the same network as my older IOS based Cisco network devices?

geothing
Level 1
Level 1

What will I gain by implementing Meraki into my existing older Cisco IOS based network?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes! The Cisco Meraki gear is often deployed on the same network as Cisco Catalyst, Aironet, etc. We have done a lot of integration with Cisco software as well.  Meraki gear can be added in Cisco Prim Infrastructure. Meraki MR wireless integrates fully with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE). Meraki CMX location API can be connected with a Virtual mobility services engine (VMSE) to connect with Cisco's on premise CMX solution.

Adding Meraki to your network makes your overall network strategy more scalable as you can quickly deploy any size of site from branches to large campuses without requiring additional IT resources to manage the deployment. Meraki allows you to do more for your business with less time and effort. Developers can tap into the Meraki APIs to automate and integrate with their other systems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes! The Cisco Meraki gear is often deployed on the same network as Cisco Catalyst, Aironet, etc. We have done a lot of integration with Cisco software as well.  Meraki gear can be added in Cisco Prim Infrastructure. Meraki MR wireless integrates fully with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE). Meraki CMX location API can be connected with a Virtual mobility services engine (VMSE) to connect with Cisco's on premise CMX solution.

Adding Meraki to your network makes your overall network strategy more scalable as you can quickly deploy any size of site from branches to large campuses without requiring additional IT resources to manage the deployment. Meraki allows you to do more for your business with less time and effort. Developers can tap into the Meraki APIs to automate and integrate with their other systems.

"Meraki CMX location API can be connected with a Virtual mobility services engine (VMSE) to connect with Cisco's on premise CMX solution."

Thank you

this is exactly what Im looking for. Are there any guides available for setting this up?