Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller Templates

Gabriel Zapodeanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I created a template in:

Features and Technologies/Controller / 802.11a or n or ac / dot11a-RRM/DCA named RUNDCAa.

I would like to make an API call and deploy this template. I am not able to find the template by making any API calls. The template is available from the GUI.

Can I do this from the API?

4 Replies 4

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No.  As of Prime Infrastructure 3.1, we only support the deployment of CLI templates, and WLAN templates (under the WLAN Provisioning group).

Spencer,

Thank you. Is it on the roadmap? When should we expect support for additional templates?

Gabi

No.

We've discussed this internally, and basically we'd need to do a bespoke implementation for each and every different template here.  These templates aren't like CLI templates where we can expose a generic interface.

The last discussion I had on this with my product ownership team, we decided that the way we handle these templates in the rest of the product would have to be changed before we could realistically give them API exposure.  As far as I know, no work has been scheduled to do that.

I understand that we face limitations with the current PI API's, some of them coming from years of product development - WCS, NCS, LMS, PI, etc.

However, without having the wireless config API's available we will not be able to program our wireless access, while we increasingly are able to program everything else.

Is there any work around? CLI templates to controllers? API's to the controllers? I know it would not be easy, maybe not possible ..., especially since we always used the PI/controllers to configure the access points.