cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure cliTemplateConfiguration/template PUT request generates error

DeanMoore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been fighting with this for a couple of days, first thinking it was my python code but now I think I need some new glasses or something because I can't see the issue!

Im trying to update an existing template on Prime but get an error when doing so, this has worked before but we have done updates since, tested against versions 3.8 and 3.9.  Creating new templates works like a dream no issues at all.

I'm doing a PUT request to /webacs/api/v4/op/cliTemplateConfiguration/template, auth is working as per POST request (postman variables ensure they are the same as well as in my Python code)

I have the most basic body with the minimum requirements as per the docs

{
  "cliTemplate": {
    "name": "DEAN-TEST",
    "deviceType": "Routers"
  }
}

I get the following error every time

{
    "errorDocument": {
        "httpResponseCode": 500,
        "httpMethod": "PUT",
        "message": "java.lang.NullPointerException",
        "exception": "javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: java.lang.NullPointerException",
        "uriPath": "op/cliTemplateConfiguration/template",
        "queryParams": "{}",
        "domain": "ROOT-DOMAIN"
    }
}

Here are the headers

Content-Type:application/json
Connection:close
Accept:application/json

I've a feeling it is something simple but just can't see it

Thanks for reading and any help

Dean

2 Replies 2

OsamaAbbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dean,

First of all, you are getting a 500 HTTP status code in the response which means there is something wrong with the server (Prime) and it cannot handle your request.

The URL for updating an existing template is PUT: https://<PRIME>/webacs/api/v4/data/cliTemplateConfiguration/template.json for working with JSON. Replace op with data. Notice the .json at the very end of the URL.

I noticed the body you sent is:

{
    "deviceType": "Routers"
  }
}

I think you should change the

cliTemplate

to

cliTemplateDTO

This is the key name in the GET response.

Unfortunately, I cannot perform this action because Prime sandbox doesn't give you permission to update an existing template.

Osama Abbas

Hi Osama,

It is definitely /op/cliTemplateConfiguration/template. you don't need the .json if you specify the header Content-Type: application/json as per the documentation.

Also the body contents was correct with cliTemplate, I found out the problem was a missing field, which isn't marked as required in the docs!

it needs the description field or it errors, I will submit this as a bug

My final content is:

{
    "description": "A test template",
    "deviceType": "Routers",
    "content" : "Testing",
    "path" : "My Templates/Provisioning Templates"
  }
}

Thank you for your response.