cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating DNS for Networks without VLANs via API

Gregory Camp
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer is trying to update multiple networks that are not attached to templates.  I found that I can update the DNS server configuration through the provisioning API on sites with VLAN configurations via the URL below.

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/{{networkId}}/vlans

I have not yet found a way to update the configuration for networks where VLANs are not enabled, but there is still a DNS server set in the DHCP pool configuration.  Is there any way to update this via the Provisioning API or do I need to bind those networks to a template and update the template?

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Colin.  I'll submit the wish and speak to my Meraki CSE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greg,

The template solution sounds like the best solution today and can be accomplished using the API to bind.

While setting the DNS settings is possible on the dashboard UI, it's not available in the API today. You can however enable VLANs and leave everything on VLAN 1 (default), that would require you to enable VLANs. It will help elevate the request for this feature if you submit the feature request via the Wish form at the bottom of your dashboard API docs page. You can also mention it to your Meraki sales person.

Thanks,

Colin Lowenberg

Thanks Colin.  I'll submit the wish and speak to my Meraki CSE.