cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5.1.1.2 Smart Home Network username and password incorrect in instructions

djones137984307
Level 1
Level 1

I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.  I am a student.  I am attempting to complete my Cisco training,

Introduction to Packet Tracer English 0221.  I am stuck on Lab 5.1.1.2.  My Home Gateway Username and Password are said to be incorrect.  The instructions tell me that "admin" is to be used by both. 

Any help would be appreciated.

59 Replies 59

more details...

apparently only admin/admin will work, unlike one of the lessons that uses MCONTROL/cisco.  There should be a server somewhere that has the IoT service running, and admin/admin will pop up as an entry - that's when the 'remote' will actually connect, and you get 'refresh' status when registering an IoT device.  I have not seen any other combo of username/pw actually pop up in the server list.

You can delete the one admin/admin entry, then you should be able to re-register the admin/admin.  Maybe that's the real solution instead of deleting and adding the home gateway.  The interface is so hinky, I didn't go back and try with a new instance of the lesson.  

The course really is designed to work with version 7.  Version 8 is better - but not with this course...

You can do everything in version 8 that can be done in version 7

Yes even better you just need to download the home images online you can even set up the earth background and city and office with room for router &switches, security devices then name them whatever you want

Not true you can do the same things, even better you just need to be proactive. Nothing is stopping you from building the same networks on PT8

Yes!!!!!! That was it!!!! THANK YOU OMG!!! What is wrong with CISCO???????

Thank you!!

Thank you very much

Cheers Phil B, that resolves the issue, works a treat

oyigobrian
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly for me.

mirohhinkov
Level 1
Level 1

Just delete the Gateway, put new one, configure the Wireless, and will work

Griffin_Syd
Level 1
Level 1

OMG!!!! Hey Cisco Really?????? Then you want us to Trust YOU!!!!!!??????!!!!!!??????? I think you need to do a CCNA Course!!!!!

w21303402501581
Level 1
Level 1

Stop complaining people. Everybody knows Cisco never fixes their mistakes. And when they try to they just introduce new bugs.

Griffin_Syd
Level 1
Level 1

Create new network in PT 8

luckysummaritan
Level 1
Level 1

I found out that you had to replace the home network but it doesn't give the devices you're connected to

Quick Links