cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE lab slot availability

philasam79
Level 1
Level 1

Is Cisco ever gonna reopen more seats for candidates who have been trying to hard to pass the exam before the scheduled CCIE retirement date? Please, help people like me who are very close to getting the number opens up a slot around all the centers so that we may have one last attempt. Any advice on whether or not cisco will reopen more seats?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am afraid that given the short time before the cutover date, and the high interest from the candidates who plan to attempt the current version of the CCIE exams, there simply may not be any additional free seats available.

However, what I encourage you to do is to open a support case with Cisco Cert Support at cisco.com/go/certsupport and ask them whether it is still possible to find a free seat in the testing location of your choice (or anywhere in the world). The Cert Support team is in touch with the team responsible for lab capacity planning.

I am sorry that no guarantees can be given at this point, but reaching out to Cert Support is the best way to proceed.

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am afraid that given the short time before the cutover date, and the high interest from the candidates who plan to attempt the current version of the CCIE exams, there simply may not be any additional free seats available.

However, what I encourage you to do is to open a support case with Cisco Cert Support at cisco.com/go/certsupport and ask them whether it is still possible to find a free seat in the testing location of your choice (or anywhere in the world). The Cert Support team is in touch with the team responsible for lab capacity planning.

I am sorry that no guarantees can be given at this point, but reaching out to Cert Support is the best way to proceed.

Best regards,
Peter