cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Modeling Lab Sandbox external connector

leonardTCM
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any change in the external connector on cisco modeling lab sandbox?

I a not any more able to connect my labs to the internet using the external connector? no packet seems to exit from the external connector to the Internet

Can any one help me please

Thanks

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is that worked before? - i have not seen that worked before? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, before my summer holidays, it works perfectly:

it was possible to connect the external connector, (configure as NAT) and the devices (linux clients on topology as an example) had the ability to upgrade some software or to be connected to your repository to download pcap files there)

It seems now the server where the sandbox is running has changed the switching configuration or something, and it seems we do not have any more internet connectivity

Thanks

Just in case this could help you understanding my problem

The topology could be (as simple) as some devices, connected through un unmanaged-switch to a routre (iosv) that would be connected to the external connector (named INTERNET) that should provide internet connectivity (from devices to the internet, NOT from internet to the devices)

I attache an image of the topology and the yaml file (with .txt extension to be attached here)

thanks

@leonardTCM i am checking with the ENG team for you - this could be due to a security posture where the sandboxes are not allowed to exit their DMZ. 

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Yes this could be... But it should be because has changed on sandboxes rules

Let me know please any information you can get. Thanks 

@leonardTCM I check and the reply is CML 2.2.2 labs devbox and CML server has external access.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thanks for the checking. But somethings seems to work in a different way, because my old labs do not have any more the external connection working. If a configure the external connector as a NAT, I get an IP from the network 192.168.255.x, I can ping to my default gateway at 192.168.255,1, but never able to get outside the 192.168.255.0 network. No ping, no trace working. Any help will be absolutely welcome

Thanks

I guess something has been changed in the external node configuration. If my router is connected to the external node (NAT) on the 192.168.255.0/24 network, I can ping from the router to the 192.168.255.1. But if I try to ping from any of the LAN devices (with Ip 192.168.1.0/24) through the router, the router is sending to the external connector de ICMP echo request paquet, but the external connector is not sending back the reply. Could some one confirm, please, this

Thanks

Taxhidin Kadiri
Level 1
Level 1

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on configuring a network topology following the instructions you provided. I have carefully followed all the steps, using the Cisco Modeling Labs (CML) platform for the setup.
In the network topology, I have included an External Connector, a switch, a router, and a Linux Ubuntu machine. However, I am encountering an issue when attempting to ping to the outside to internet, specifically to the internet using the IP address 8.8.8.8.
I have not implemented CML in VMware Workstation, and I am relying solely on the CML platform for this configuration.
I have reviewed my steps multiple times to ensure accuracy, but the ping to 8.8.8.8 to internet is not successful. I would greatly appreciate your guidance on troubleshooting this issue and any additional insights you may have.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am eager to resolve this matter and continue progressing with the configuration.

Hello,

PING to external IP addresses are blocked for security purposes. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your understanding.

devnet_geek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ICMP is blocked outbound from CML sandbox. I just successfully verified download/installing packages with NAT configured on External_Connection.

Hope this helps.

Saad