Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Modeling Labs

iliass020
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use a free CML simulator from Cisco. I am already logged in and i can see different sandboxes.
But when i click on the Cisco Modeling Labs and the launch button, it gives me this error: Environment Launch was Denied.

I also cannot click on reservable which is mentioned on the sendbox. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
I want to start with the CCNP course, but i need a simulator in order to proceed. Packet Tracer will not be suitable in this case.

Best regards,

Iliass020

19 Replies 19

Hi,

Did you ever create that thread to track your progress with personal CML?

I might need to go your route; haven't been able to reserve anything in DevNet for weeks.

I did create a thead. Honestly the process of getting CML running on my server was very easy. Although I planned to run CML bare metal, I found a job posting where they used a competitors switches. The role matched my skills extremely well - but I decided it would be good to change my install to allow labbing other vendors. What I did was change the installation to ESXi on my server and then use the ova installation of cml on top of that. This also was straight forward and well described in the cml docs. I then also installed an eve-ng server ova and used their docs to create virtual switches from the competitor. I find even with the extra layer of virtualization the weak system is adequate for what I am doing. I will note the cpus are unsupported in the current version of esxi and I had to ignore a warning to that effect during installation. Everything works though.wI was shocked that I did not make it past the HR interview. I was planning on offering to present a demo of my home lab during the manager interview. Oh well, their loss. I am glad I changed to the esxi setup just for the added flexibility. I prefer cml but it is nice to also be able to spin up non cisco gear when needed.

iliass020
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I finally decided to buy a subscribtion from CML (CML personal). Because it still did not work out.
I don't know if anybody here has experience with the installation of this, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Iliass

@iliass020 see the community for CML-P https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i00000094ZjGAI/cisco-modeling-labs-personal-community

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Hello Bigevelbeard,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will have a look at it.

Regards,

Iliass