Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devnet sandbox developer user unable to run sudo commands

I'm doing the vagrant lab in the Devnet program and am unable to complete the part of the lab where you install socat using yum. It says that I need to be a root user to perform the command, so I run it with sudo and try using the C1sco12345 password for the developer user and it says that "developer is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported." 

Also, is there any way I can reserve the sandbox for more than 4 hours? trying to do this in the allotted time while fixing customer issues is a major pain, and unfortunately finding a 4 hour block to do this without being interrupted is pretty much impossible.

2 Replies 2

@JasonDesjardins19752 sudo access was removed as part of the security posture sometime back - the devbox should have the required libraries etc installed already. If you can provide the link to the learning lab the team can check.

Due to the sandbox being very popular, reservation time is limited (four hours for this sandbox) to allow others to enjoy the use of the free sandbox.

Hope this helps!

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: