cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to IOS XE Sandbox using Ansible

EvanC
Level 1
Level 1

I am learning Ansible with the IOS XE device. Everything works smooth in the beginning but since last Thursday, I am not able to connect to these two sandboxes using Ansible:

• sandbox-iosxe-recomm-1.cisco.com
  • ios-xe-mgmt.cisco.com

The error messages are:

fatal: [sandbox-iosxe-recomm-1.cisco.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "unable to elevate privilege to enable mode, at prompt [None] with error: timeout value 30 seconds reached while trying to send command: b'enable'"}

fatal: [ios-xe-mgmt.cisco.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "unable to elevate privilege to enable mode, at prompt [None] with error: timeout value 30 seconds reached while trying to send command: b'enable'"}

Did anyone come across the same issue?

4 Replies 4

@EvanC can you ssh to them? As these are always on sandbox, there is often a lot of use and sometimes changes made by other users which will impact access.

Hope this helpss.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Yes, I can ssh to both of them even without ssh password, and I also realised the host names were changed.

I understand this is a shared environment, someone might do something magic, but can't the sandbox admin do a regular sanity check on these always on sandbox to clean up the configuration, which might impact the access from other users?  

@EvanC there is a cleanup script that runs daily to sanitize the devices, however sometimes damage caused by misuse need the ENG team to manually fix issues. Hope your code is now working.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Yes, they are all working now. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: