cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

gRPC/gNMI not responding for IOS XR Programmability Always-On Sandbox

Jason Shoemaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guessing this might be a firewall issue?  A customer of mine reported this issue, and I've been able to recreate it.  Attempted to restart gRPC on the device (remove gRPC config and re-add it), but the issue persists.  Here's a sample gnmi get (with the gnmic tool) that was successful prior to the introduction of this issue:

gnmic -a sandbox-iosxr-1.cisco.com:57777 -u admin -p C1sco12345 --insecure get --path openconfig:/interfaces

Error message:

target "sandbox-iosxr-1.cisco.com:57777" get request failed: failed to create a gRPC client for target "sandbox-iosxr-1.cisco.com:57777" : sandbox-iosxr-1.cisco.com:57777: context deadline exceeded

"Context deadline exceeded" means that the request was not handled by the server within the timeout period for the gRPC client - so perhaps we have some type of connectivity issue between FW and device (note that TCP 57777 *does* respond to telnet) or the the XRv9K needs to be restarted due to a bug of some sort.

1 Reply 1

Looks like both gRPC and netconf are not working/open - eng team would need to check firewall rules as you noted.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io