Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Call Flow Understanding / Help

dt98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Lets start by letting you know that I'm still fairly new to the Cisco world so please be patient with me.

We currently have our incoming calls setup such that they get routed through to our CCX instance and there is a trigger (extension 5222) that puts the callers into a queue for our call center.  We want to change the flow so that incoming calls hit our newly made call handler (extension 5666).  Then from the call handler, there will be some options for the user to input their choices for where they want to go (and I know how to do that part).

I'm guessing there is something either on the voice gateway itself, or a setting in CUCM currently that is taking all the incoming calls and sending it to extension 5222 so that people are put into our queue.  I need to know where this setting is so I can direct all incoming calls to our new call handler with extension 5666. We didn't setup this phone system, so I'm not too sure where this setting is and I've been searching for a while now.  From all the reading I've done, it sounds like it could be on either system.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks for your time

1 Reply 1

dt98
Level 1
Level 1
Well after lots of searching I think I finally found my answer. This post was very helpful.

I also just realized that I posted this in the developer forums and I apologize for that, but it looks like I can't change it.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-do-i-map-an-incoming-800-number-to-a-specific-dn-in-cucm-7-1/td-p/2296402

Learned that when someone calls our toll free number, the number gets transferred to a DID number that is provided to us from our Telco (this part was key for me understanding this because that number in our case was also part of a translation pattern). So lets say the DID number provided to us was 111-111-5222, we have a translation pattern in CUCM with the same 1111115222 number, and a mask is applied that only looks at the last 4 digits (which is indicated with XXXX in the Called Party Transformation Mask text field when you are viewing the Translation Pattern Configuration ), so essentially the number gets turned into 5222. The call sees and hits the 5222 extension, then that triggers CCX to run the script and place people into the queue and get forwarded to our agents.

Hope this helps somebody else out there!