Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber AJAX SDK Connection Issues

ameshkin70
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm a little lost when trying to set up the Jabber AJAX SDK.   I have a local BOSH Server set up with Prosody.  THe bosh connection seems to work fine.  But the problem is connecting to the actual server.  I have created a sandbox.  I connect to the VPN.  But then I don't really know how or where to configure the CUP server information I get from the sandbox.  Here is a link to the error I get.

https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/218102-121491/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-10%20at%201.20.22%20PM.…

I'm following the instructions here:  Cisco AJAX XMPP Library Index

The test username and pass are returning a Not Authorized.

user - jwtest0

pass - test

I have a local BOSH server set up but want to use the sandbox.   So I've created a collaboration endpoint in the sandbox, and get a bunch of IP numbers.  At this point I have no idea what to do.  When I try to click on Create Connection, it says that I don't have permission.

Is my bosh server supposed to be a url I get from this sandbox screen?  I'm really unsure about how this works.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

14 Replies 14

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Amir,

For some reason, I cannot view the screen shot you sent me. Perhaps it is an issue on my side.

That other link you sent on the post is general information regarding the AJAX library but from what I can see, contains no reference to the Sandbox. That username and password is not associated to our Sandbox labs

In the Shared Endpoint lab information section there is an SDK Tab. if you scroll down there is information regarding the XMPP and the IM&P SDK. Take a look and let me know if this is what you need. If you have more questions, come back to us.

Support

Thank you. I've been reading the docs.  The documentation on that SDK tab points to the Jabber SDK.  I tried using this at first but the problem with this one, is that I always get the same message even with the Google CHrome extension installed.

The SDK I was using when posting this message was the AJAX SDK.  Which I believe to be mostly the same thing.

The error message I get with the SDK 11 is

ERROR:  cannot initialize phone: Plugin not available (code PluginNotAvailable)

On chrome it gives some detail which says "Lost connection to plugin".

On firefox, I get no such detail.

Nevermind. We should be using the AJAX SDK since we only want messaging.When I set up the bosh server and try to run the sample code, this is my error.

closed: <stream:error xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"><undefined-condition xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"/></stream:error>

Well I followed the instructions to the letter. Downloaded the CAXL crelease.

Went to the sampleclient page.  Put in the httpbinding url I was given in the SDK area.

Went to commands, generated a new user.  Hooked into the VPN and put in all the creds.

And the error I'm getting now is

Log

14:14:04:209

[Console] Stream closed with error: Could not reach the account server. (<stream:error xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"><service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"/></stream:error>)

Log

14:14:04:211

closed: <stream:error xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams"><service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams"/></stream:error>

Hi Amir,

Have you time tomorrow and I can show you what we have over a Webex? What time zone are you in?

Joe

I am in the eastern time zone in New York.

That would be extremely helpful.

I’ll reach out to you tomorrow,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Just let me know when you're ready. I'm on standby.  I'm going to try this again and see what happens.

I did get it to work just now.

This time I accepted the certificate in the browser before hand.

Thank you for the help.

Hi Joe,

There is something you can still help me out with.  I have a one on one chat example page setup but am unsure of how to send a test message to someone at nbcuni.com

I can't seem to figure out how to add a test person, and to send this person a message.

Here is my test url.  Where can I add a person to the test server so I can fully test this.

1-1 Chat Example

Hi Amir,

I should get some time later today to reach out to you on this. It does look like the functionality you are looking for is not supported in Sandbox right now. However, I need more details to confirm.

Regards,

Joe

I think we should be fine.

I was able to use a user from an older sandbox to send messages back and forth to myself!

I've made a sample page for a demo and a document explaining everything.  I will let you know if the team has any problem building our app.

Thank you

Amir,

Please reach out of you require further assistance.

BTW, we would very much like to see a demo of your application when finished. Let us know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe,

We will gladly show you our app once it's finished. It's for NBC's new corporate intranet.  It may take a while to actually finish though and if possible, I can show you a version before the intranet is launched.

With that said, they want a page where you can call and IM people right from their profile.  Before I dive even further into the docs, I thought I'd ask you if there is a way to query jabber for phone numbers and emails.

I've been reading the API and I've seen the docs about presence and getting a display name but i haven't seen anything about how to query and get a user's data, from a user's JID.

Is that possible with the SDK?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: