cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permitted users cannot receive the emails using Collaboration 10.5

chenxizhou4132
Level 1
Level 1

While I, as the owner, received the email from DevNetSandbox after using  Collaboration 10.5 to make reservation. Permitted users added cannot get the emails from DevNetSandbox. For the previous reservation using the same Collaboration, permitted users did receive emails with different username and password to login the reserved sandbox lab. Is there anyone know how to solve the problem, thanks very much.

7 Replies 7

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Xizhou,

You can actually add an additional user to your reservation in lab reservation stage, which will trigger the creation of a secondary VPN account for that user. You can read more about that here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/sandbox/docs/index.gsp#tips-tricks/add-users-to-your-reservation

We're working on a configuration to connect the same VPN credentials on multiple clients, to allow for this kind of testing.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your timely response.

Actually, I added additional users when I made the reservation, but they cannot get their own VPN accounts. There is no email sent to them.

Hi Xizhou,

Maybe I am wrong, but there is only 1 permitted user in your current reservation.  

We can add another VPN users manually for you this time. Could you please kindly provide userid (no email required) for them? All VPN credentials will be sent to your email address.

Thanks,

Bob

1.png

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your kindly help again.

I tried one with additional users yesterday, but it closed accidentally. For the active reservation now, there's only me. My colleague also tried to make a reservation with 3 additional users, and I can see the reservation within my account. However, except my colleague who made the reservation received the email with login information, no one else received the email. With only one account, we cannot login in the same time, which means we cannot use the sandbox lab concurrently. You can see the reservation information with the attached snapshot picture.

By the way, is it supposed to send emails to all added users automatically.

Thanks a lot. 

Hi Xizhou,

We've just added your colleagues into reservation https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/fcf3f8f6-49bd-4f3c-9187-3cad0a164b8b. And VPN credentials are also sent out by email. 

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much.

We received your emails. But I just found we forgot to add another colleague whose ID is jowatai154294 into the reservation, could you kindly add his account.

If I want to make a new reservation for several people in the future, could we receive emails automatically or do I need to contact someone like you to get the credentials.

Regards,

Hi Xizhou,

I've added user jowatai154294 into the reservation and sent out the VPN profile. 

Regarding the issue of no email coming for multiple users, I am checking with our system admin for a workaround.

Thanks,

Bob