Hi' Devnet Sandbox Team
I have used the ACI Hardware Sandbox lab To Day in a 2 hours "window".
One of my primary purposes is to "verify" my configuration with real traffic between physical and virtual hosts. Most other configuration I can do in APIC Simulators.
I will request precise documentation about which physical and virtual ACI and server/VM resources I actually have at my disposal in this Sandbox, such that I can safely use/change/delete/recreate them without negatively effecting other users.
- Some examples are:
- the leaf switches and their ports includuing the port to the Ubuntu Physical Server
- the Ubuntu Physical Server it self
- VM's on the ESXI host
- vCenter: I could not access that with any of the credentials provided (some differences between the "online" topology and the PDF document)
- Am I allowed to access vCenter and can I create/delete/change VMs there?
- the APIC, the tenants on the APIC
- apparently other test users were / had been active and created their tenants, snd some of them had "taken" the EPG physical path mapping to the Ubuntu Server. Could I have "taken" this physical path away from the and used it my self, because the other users were in reality no longer active?
Lacking this documentation about availabe resources, I of course had to be very cautious and to refrain resources, which I was not sure I could safely use, and this was a huge limitation.
I of course looked throughly for such documentation but could not find it. If it is there, then please provide clear link to it.
I look forward to my next "window" with the Sandbox.
thanks for the forum message. a couple of points:
the ACI Hardware lab is not an shared resource but dedicated for an active reservation meaning that if you reserve it, its your for the duration of the reservation.
Some of the configuration could be historical configuration that didnt get cleaned up periodically by users after use.
we can look into that and see if we can resolve before your next reservation.
So let us schedule some time in this lab, and review your comments against the lab infrastructure and provide feedback.
Thanks for your time in sending your opinion.
Great with quick feedback
I have got the clarification needed about which resources I have at my disposal.
What I need is documentation about the vCenter:
- Valid credentials
- Are the images at datastore or elsewhere in the lab such that I can create VMs (uploading my own image is unrealistic)?
I have reserved a new timeslot (next is in January!)
For thee windows VM It seems that the account is locked out.
for VCenter I am trying the credentials in the ACI Sandbox Topology file, with no success.