Views
Helpful
Replies

Sandbox IntroLab, Linux, Anyconnect package on secure gateway Problem

NetTech888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying the Sandbox introlab and the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client gives me the error "The AnyConnect package on the secure gateway could not be located. You may be experiencing network connectivity issues. Please try connecting again."

as described in the cisco support forums article Solved: Anyconnect VPN problem - Cisco Support Community

I have looked at the solution, but it is a solution for someone who has access to the remote server, in this case I do not have access to the end point I'm attempting to connect to, to then finish the Sandbox Intro Lab.

I am running a VM inside of virtual box with Lubuntu 17.04, using a bridged network adapter, to the underlaying Windows machine all seems fine for Internet reachability, writing this post from the VM write now.

I have tested the connection to the sandbox link provided in the email, devnetsb14.cisco.com, using incorrect credentials and it does reject me, so it looks like I can reach that server.

Maybe someone who has access to the endpoint needs to follow the solution described above to correct the problem?

I've tried searching the forum for this error message and only returned few results with no solution/outdated solution only specific to one user.

Help would be much appreciated, I'd like to get some hands on with this before sitting my CCNA at the end of the month!

Regards,

Damian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Damien,

The Sandbox lntro lab was specifically designed for demonstration purposes at Cisco Live events. It should really have been removed from the catalogue last week. Its not truly a production lab and I will removed it today. If you are looking for a Lab to help with your CCNA, we have other topologies that will help you. May I suggest one of the mini labs under networking. These are designed for APIC-EM but contain routers and switches you can play with.

Try reserving one of these mini labs and come back to us if you have an issue with VPN.

Joe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Damien,

The Sandbox lntro lab was specifically designed for demonstration purposes at Cisco Live events. It should really have been removed from the catalogue last week. Its not truly a production lab and I will removed it today. If you are looking for a Lab to help with your CCNA, we have other topologies that will help you. May I suggest one of the mini labs under networking. These are designed for APIC-EM but contain routers and switches you can play with.

Try reserving one of these mini labs and come back to us if you have an issue with VPN.

Joe

Thanks so much Joe!

I have reserved and connected successfully to the APIC-EM DB Only sandbox.  Lets do this!!!