Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to establish VPN connection with NX-OS sandbox

schynsno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

It seems that there is an issue while establishing the VPN connection (using Cisco AnyConnect) to my sandbox lab "Open NX-OS with Nexus 9Kv".
The url provided is : "devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com:20XXX".

When checking the log, this is what I have : 

23:36:49 Contacting devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com:20XXX.
23:37:04 Connection attempt has failed.
23:37:04 Unable to contact devnetsandbox-emea-gwy.cisco.com.

Anyway, I tried with a 4G connection with my phone and it worked directly, but this is not very handy. I checked with "portquiz" the reachability of the outgoing port and it appears that it is not blocked by my ISP nor my firewall.

Any idea where the problem could come from?

Thank you ! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

schynsno
Level 1
Level 1

Just found the issue in case anyone have the same problem.

My ISP disabled my public IPv4 address and switched to IPv6, so I had a private IPv4, which is why the VPN tunnel could not establish.
I asked them kindly to switch back to a public IPv4 address and it worked right away !

Have a good day

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

schynsno
Level 1
Level 1

Just found the issue in case anyone have the same problem.

My ISP disabled my public IPv4 address and switched to IPv6, so I had a private IPv4, which is why the VPN tunnel could not establish.
I asked them kindly to switch back to a public IPv4 address and it worked right away !

Have a good day

Seth Beauchamp
Level 1
Level 1

I think maybe something else is going on here, I can't connect to the emea gateway either. Tried 3 separate devices and ISPs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: