Views
Helpful
Replies

using external physical devices with sandbox lab

alain.florencie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We need to make some recording tests using external devices cisco phones 6941.

In the documents we need to use an ipsec router

- loan a pre configured one from cisco (could'nt find any estimated delivery time)

- or use another ipsec router

Does anyone managed that ipsec connections with another ipsec router than the cisco one?

if Yes how did you get the right credentials /ipsec configuration?

I know you dont provide support for that tunneling but maybe you could point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Alain Florencie

5 Replies 5

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alain,

Yes it we do facilitate the connection of a remote cisco router to the sandbox. Currently we support the cisco 800 series router (we recommend the cisco 881w). You have the option to purchase one yourself and we can provide the configuration or we could loan you a router for the duration of your testing (this is dependant on the number in stock we have)

What would your setup look like? Would your recording application also be remotely connected via the router?

Joe

Hi

Yes the recording application would be a remote machine too.

I tried to use my machine for the recording application , the anyconnect vpn client is running on it.

but I can't do anything for the phones registration, Cisco Discovery protocol is on ethernet.

Alain

Hi Alain,

The thing here is to avoid sending media up and down the software VPN tunnel. it think it would be best to have a router on your side for this effort. The phones would register remotely and you can also plug the recording server into the back of the router. that way, no media will traverse the tunnel.

Joe

Hi

Well as it is clearly stated into the document, we have to go through an ipsec router for hardware phones, so we stopped trying to go through the VPN tunnel.

Our network being quite strongly locked, our IT wanted to use our own ipsec router but according to him we missing the credentials/certificates (or not using the correct ones) , the sandbox lab answer our establishment on standard ipsec port but we can't go further,

What is the delivery time of such a cisco preconfigured device for europe?

Alain

HI Alain -

If you send a request to the devnetsandbox@cisco.com mailer (please copy me:cmreed@cisco.com), we will see about router options.

Thanks,

Cherie