Views
Helpful
Replies

Virl licensing problem on Devnet Sandbox

ninjatechman
Level 1
Level 1

On the UWM admin page I get the following salt status message:

Failed to collect current salt contact status: Cisco contact was not established. This may be temporary. Please make sure the VIRL server is connected to the Internet and capable of reaching the configured Cisco master. Also make sure that the minion key provided to you matches your minion ID and domain, and remains valid. Current status is: License renewal never completed successfully. Last license renewal final result was (2019-09-30 16:22:57): Salt caller setup failed unexpectedly; likely misconfigured.

I've tried to reset the keys and ID but the issue still persists. Also, I also get a message the issue is temporary but it's been a day and the issue still persists.

The VIRL server in question is VIRL Server_878a9165. Can anyone from the DevNet team please assist?

2 Replies 2

zowu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi All,

The communication to VIRL license server is restored.

Zowu,

I'm seeing this issue again in the Multi-IOS Cisco Test Network lab.

Failed to check licensing status: Cisco contact was not established. This may be temporary. Please make sure the VIRL server is connected to the Internet and capable of reaching the configured Cisco master. Also make sure that the minion key provided to you matches your minion ID and domain, and remains valid. Current status is: Last successful license renewal was more than 7 days ago. Last license renewal final result was (2019-11-29 22:29:57): NTPd is not connected to a server.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: