Apresentações
Útil
Respostas

routing

ino
Level 1
Level 1

i have an isr with a build in LTE modem i can set up nat and it works

now i want to connect a second lte with an external modem and some devices should use one or the other connection

if i put the external modem in passthrough mode it sets up a default route and an ip address 

i need to remove the "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 cell 0/2/0"  and set up nat for it then it works

but the internal one obviously not any longer because i removed "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 cell 0/2/0"

if i dont remove it then the passthroug is NOT creating a default route and i cant use it

other option would be to use the external lte as a second router

so on the main router the c1111 i would have 2 default routes 1 the build in lte modem wich needs to be NATed 

and the external one where the nat would be handled by second router

how can i setup something like this?

please some help here

1 Soluções Aceita

Soluções aceites

check couple of examples :

Case Study 3: Policy Routing Using the set ip default next-hop with a Default Route

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routed-protocols/47121-pbr-cmds-ce.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ver solução na publicação original

4 RESPOSTAS 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can have different Routes available with different subnet with NAT -  you can use PBR send traffic to different destination - if i understand your requirement correctly.

BB

ino
Level 1
Level 1

lets say i have 
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.1

and a policy that any traffic from 10.10.10.10 should have 2.2.2.2 as next hop (2.2.2.2 is directly connected or i have a route to it)

would traffic from 10.10.10.10 to a destination to which i have no know route go to 2.2.2.2 or to 1.1.1.1 

would all other traffic go through 1.1.1.1 

cant test it now (looked my self out of my vpn for the x time )

check couple of examples :

Case Study 3: Policy Routing Using the set ip default next-hop with a Default Route

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-routed-protocols/47121-pbr-cmds-ce.html

BB

ino
Level 1
Level 1

thank you

pbr works on my external second internet connection now

nat on the internal one havent tried it yet (not a priority in the moment) but i expect it to work to