annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 
cancel
Visites
Compliment
Réponses

MPLS over DMVPN Phase 3 (spoke to spoke)

clukongo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on setting up an MPLS over DMVPN infrastructure with spoke to spoke tunnels (phase 3).
According to the theory, we just need to replace the MPLS IP command used when we are in phase 1 (Hub and spokes) by MPLS NHRP or mpls bgp forwarding.
I applied this command but impossible to ping equipments in the VRF (COE). On the other hand, BGP peering goes up well but the problem seems to be on the MPLS part (label switching).
I attach the configurations of the 3 equipments as well as a diagram which makes it possible to illustrate the topology.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem please?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

18 RÉPONSES 18

Hi friend I make you wait, but I love football and now is world cup so you know time....LOL.
anyway 
the issue for MPLS over DMVPN without using FlexVPN is that this design work only in topology of Hub & Spoke, 
Until this feature was introduced, MPLS support on DMVPN existed in a DMVPN hub and spoke network only. The feature extends support in DMVPN spoke to spoke networks where data packets are tag-switched on the hub and cannot trigger a NHRP redirect thereby addressing a scalable solution using multipoint GRE interface on DMVPN networks and point-to-point interface on FlexVPN networks.

above statement is from link you share before.

anyway 
regarding my previous lab, I return and check again you are right I can ping Spoke to Hub but Spoke to Spoke never work 

so depend on info. about the MPLS over DMPVN limitation, I start think in other way 

I config DMPVN tunnel with phaseII 
I config OSPF for DMVPN tunnel and Lo 0 

the trick is here 
how we can achieve Hub & Spoke with this Desing ?
I found the solution and test is and I success 

I config eBGP between Hub and Spoke not iBGP 
and config VPNv4 and redistribute connected under VRF and it work from first time. 
I can Ping Spoke-Spoke and can Spoke-Hub 

need more detail I am here to answer your Q.

good luck friend 

Hi my friend,

Thank you for your feedback, I hope your team qualified...Lol

Your comment is interesting, I had also thought of flexvpn but I wasn't sure it would work with the hardware I'm using. I'm going to try this anyway.

Also, could you send me your routers config files. I will implement the design you tested.

Thanks again for your help.