Visites
Compliment
Réponses

Block streaming & network social from WLC 9800

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a WLC 9800.

From the WLC and with the help of AVC, it has blocked some streaming pages, social networks among others (and it has worked).

But he has noticed that on cell phones, and through APPS, users continue watching streaming or opening social networks.

My client wants to block the WLC cell phone APPS, if this is not possible he wants to block the cell phones from the network.

Is this possible to block APPS or block cell phones????

It occurs to me to use some MDM or perhaps ISE.

8 RÉPONSES 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tried myself not worked, some how, so i have forced to use FW to block these kind of traffic.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do you think that if I investigate the port used by the APPs I could block the port from the WLC ???

ACL should able to help you,.

I am sure you have FW in the permeter - i take advantage of the FW to make it Block, rather overload WLC - what suppose to be done the work.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Can you try make QoS for streaming low, this make user have bad experience with video and day by day then automatic not watch video in office. 

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

They are good ideas, the ones they have given me.

Another idea just occurred to me, for example if I don't want to be connected to the cellular network, I could configure MAC filtering and only register the devices that interest me (it would be more administration since I must have a database of these MAC), I am not sure if my WLAN is 802.1x and I add MAC filtering if possible.

Jimena Saez
Community Manager
Community Manager

J'adore vos échanges les garçons ! Merci d'avoir apporté autant d'idées entre tous.
S'il vous plaît @nstr1, dites-nous ce qui a le mieux fonctionné pour vous pour avoir une bonne pratique à partager avec les autres membres.

I love your exchanges guys ! Thanks for bringing so many ideas.
Please @nstr1, let us know what worked the best for you so we can have a best practice to share with other members.

Excellente journée ! Have a nice day!

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

Just today I carried out the MAC filtering configuration on my SSID.

My SSID was 802.1x and I added MAC filtering, now it is working without any problem, I think it is more administration through the MAC address database but it was the only way to have control over who connects to the WIFI.