Visites
Compliment
Réponses

control plane option

alain-chavanne
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

can i use a c2960x-48-ts-l  to use control plane option. If yes, which is the IOS to install?

tq

15 RÉPONSES 15

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

c2960x-48-ts-l - run IOS Code

can you be more clear about your "control plane option"

IOS code only support as mentioned below for the Control Plan Polices - is this what you looking to implement ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_5_e/configuration_guide/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cg/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cg_chapter_0111111.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi
I have a old c2960 with 'control plane' command running
Today I received a new c2960x and when typing 'control plane', I get an error letting me knows that this command don't exist in this model.
I'm sure if I install this new device in my framework, it won't work.
Is there another command to replace 'control plane' equivalent to the 'old' switch?
rgds

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @alain-chavanne 

Which IOS version and which licence ?

CoPP is supported only on LAN BASE, IP Lite, and IP Service licenses.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

On new c2960x, I have 2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E3. bin and concerning the old c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-50.SE5.bin

Et la licence ?

Best regards

Sorry but what is the license?

Provide us the output of that command: #show version 

for the two 2960 please

Best regards

Switch received C2960x 48 WS-C2960x-48TS-L 15.2(2)E3 c2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M

Below 'old switch'
[cid:image001.png@01DB0075.5ED347C0]

AssisTeixeira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, the 2960x switch does not support control plane functionality. It does not support advanced control plane functions (BGP, OSPF or traffic policies), only limited capabilities, such as static routing and basic RIP. It uses IOS LAN Base by default, which is focused on Layer 2 functionalities.
I hope this helps.

Yes, a lot
Last question, do you think c2960x could react same way than c2960, or system will be degraded?

The 2960x would not be degraded from the 2960, in fact it offers a superior experience in terms of performance, but it is still limited to the role of a layer 2 switch.

Layer 2 means level 2? If so, means vlan can't talk together?

Layer 2 switches are simpler and ideal for local connections within a single network, layer 3 switches are more versatile and suitable for more complex scenarios where routing between other networks is required.

Hello all
Good weekend?
Do you think I could change the IOS to push the c2960G to accept the control-plane commande?
If yes, which one, please.