cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

An HTTP error occurred during connection to server: unable to close the socket.

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client trying to configure the Outlook Plug-IN 7.3.  After sending them the configuration file to configure the ENCRYPT button they are getting the error:

An HTTP error occurred during connection to server: unable to close the socket [OK].

We have tried manually configuring the proxy in the Cisco plug-in and using System proxy settings, same error.

We are able to get to https://res.cisco.com/websafe from the same workstation successfully.

Thoughts? / Resolution?

3 Replies 3

David Miller
Level 1
Level 1

Did they get the same error before you sent them the new config, i.e. when they were using the plugin in decrypt-only mode?  If so that would indicate something fishy with the new config. If yes or they didn't use it before can you provide a redacted log?  See the admin guide to see where the logs are held. BTW thet admin guide has a troubleshooting section which says that error message "occurs if Outlook is online but your Internet connection has been lost or the server has become temporarily unavailable".

The plug-in does not work for decryption either. 

After the plug-in is installed when opening an e-mail, the e-mail just opens like a normal Outlook e-mail.

Found the problem, the plug-in proxy settings were incorrect.  By setting the proxy settings to "No Proxy" the problem was resolved.

I'm not sure if the client adjusted the proxy settings after install or if the plug-in detects that there is a proxy in place on the workstation and sets itself to "Use System Settings".   

Problem is resolved.