cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C170 Key features

CKFITAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

So, I ordered a C170 from our hardware vendor and got it a week ago.

Installed it, configured it and I was up and running in less than an hour (the longest part was waiting for the DNS MX record propagation)

Life is good, right?

Well, when I happened to look at the feature keys they are expiring in about 20 days, so I contacted my vendor and after a day of trying to figure out what was going on he got back to me and told me that the anti-spam and anti-virus feature keys are not included with the appliance.

Is this for real??, does Cisco sell an email security appliance without at least a year of security software??

If this is true I guess it is my fault for not checking, knowing fully well that Cisco is a big mess when it comes to licensing (second only to MS)

Can someone please let me know if this is the case and I would need to cough up a few more grand?, my boss is probably going to make me send it back as we are a medium to small shop (120 mbxs) and don't have a large budget.

Thanks in advance.

LH.

2 Replies 2

stojanr
Level 1
Level 1

By default, ESA and WSA appliances come with 30-day trial licences. You must purchase production licences for appropriate amount of users if you want to keep using the appliances beyond the trial period. Refer to the licensing guide : http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac49/ac0/ac1/ac259/docs/ironport_gpl.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Great.

Thanks for the info.  It would be nice if this info was posted on the product's web page description so people could know that the software licenses can be twice as expensive as the appliance itself before purchasing it.

I'll have to talk to my vendor and check why they didn't tell me about this before selling me the C170 and to send me an RMA as this thing is going back...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: