cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email encryption

philbert_manalo
Level 1
Level 1

I would just like to inquire if the email encryption for the clients defined on the Relaylist of the ESA can work on internal mails.

Scenario: user1@mail.com to send encrypted mail to user2@mail.com (the difference on email addresses is user1@mail.com is defined on the relaylist of the ESA, user2@mail.com is an email address created by the exchange server.

Best Regards,

Philbert

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Philbert,

RELAYLIST will require the actual IP of the user1's PC to connect to the ESA directly for that to work as you cannot add sender addresses to RELAYLIST.

But if for example user1 connected directly to ESA and matches relaylist, you can configure a content filter for this user where recipient is user2@mail.com to be encrypted.
This will then force the ESA to use the SMTP routes for final routing for the domain.

I hope this answers your query.

Matthew

View solution in original post

For your content filter usage, you can do it in GUI > Mail Policies > Outgoing Content filters 
Create a new filter

Conditions: (Select "AND" rule AFTER creation of two conditions on the drop down)

Envelope sender is -> user1@mail.com

Envelope recipient is -> user2@mail.com

Action -> Encrypt on delivery

Submit and use this content filter in your mail policies.

Regards,

Matthew

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Philbert,

RELAYLIST will require the actual IP of the user1's PC to connect to the ESA directly for that to work as you cannot add sender addresses to RELAYLIST.

But if for example user1 connected directly to ESA and matches relaylist, you can configure a content filter for this user where recipient is user2@mail.com to be encrypted.
This will then force the ESA to use the SMTP routes for final routing for the domain.

I hope this answers your query.

Matthew

hi mathew,

thanks for the answer, where will i configure it? i am trying to configure it on outgoing content filter but i cannot find it.

thank you!

Philbert

For your content filter usage, you can do it in GUI > Mail Policies > Outgoing Content filters 
Create a new filter

Conditions: (Select "AND" rule AFTER creation of two conditions on the drop down)

Envelope sender is -> user1@mail.com

Envelope recipient is -> user2@mail.com

Action -> Encrypt on delivery

Submit and use this content filter in your mail policies.

Regards,

Matthew