cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email not Recorded in Message Tracking Cisco ESA

hisyam22
Level 1
Level 1

My Company have a corporate email using Yandex mail. I have a problem when I want to send to a customer domain protected with Cisco ESA. In their Cisco ESA, Message Tracking not record the connection from my domain at all. In their Cisco ESA I have add my Public IP to WHITELIST on HAT, but it doesn't works. Could you give some suggestion to solve this issue

3 Replies 3

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

A message is only recorded when a session could be successful established. Did you ask them to check for 

Message Tracking -> Sender IP Adress/Domain/Network Owner -> Search for rejected connections ?

Regards

Marc

Because I'm the vendor that manage the ESA, I have checked all possibility and I didn't found anything

Thanks,

Hisyam

Hello,

An additional option we can try to confirm if there is a connection received in their ESA is grepping the mail logs searching for the IP address of the sender you are looking for.

You can access the mail logs via CLI and enter the command:

grep "X.X.X.X" mail_logs 

You can use this command in each of the ESAs to confirm if the connection was established with the recipient ESA.

If an entry is found with the IP address of the sender, we can search the Incoming Connection ID of the message to take a closer look at how the connection was handled.

grep "ICID 123" mail_logs

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Regards.

JosƩ L. DƔvila