Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i install VMware Tools on a Cisco C100V

d.ulmrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i want to install the VMware Tools (ESXi v5.5) on the VM where my Cisco C100V is running.

Has somebody an idea what i have to do? I need the Tools to do a complete backup of the VM.

Thanks

Dennis

4 Replies 4

You can't install the VMWare tools.

Keep a copy of the ovm, your configuration and your license file someplace safe....

OK, thank you!

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I opened up an ENH request for this --- so, it is being evaluated.  Same request, third party app uses VMware Tools in order to backup the VMs...

CSCus52115 - ENH request - VMWare Tools, list version/build used for AsyncOS and OVF

It currently is not customer-side viewable, but that is the ENH request for once it does make it's way into future release - hopefully.

-Robert

Maybe we should think about what needs to get backed up and enhance the enhancement ticket.

Config for sure.  Reports? Logs??  Queues? ick, what a mess...

I don't think anyone wants to back up the OS....

I can see a reason for a backup of the whole vm for disaster recovery...If I wanted a snap, I'd want to suspend delivery, let the queues empty, and quiesce the disk.  So a way to run a script to suspend, check queues and when clear exit with a 0 error code.  Backup software usually can push a pre and post script and handle the quiesce.