Views
Helpful
Replies

Iron Port C170 Failed Drive

mpoloq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All. 

We have a Failed drive in one of our Iron Port C170 devices. Unfortunatelly we no longer have a valid hw support with Cisco. Does anyone know what drive is installed on the device? I can contact our supplies to purchase the drive from Cisco bur they require a drive model to place the order. I am unable to fine that info in gui/cli

Thanks

Mateusz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The drive itself is a 250GB drive, small form factor.

CCS-HD-250GB= is the part that is provided during Cisco RMA.

From the CLI on the C170, if you run ipcheck, you'll see your drives listed. 

Example:

Disk 0                233GB FUJITSU MHZ2250BK G2 0000011E at ahcich0 bus 0 scbus0 target 0 lun 0
  Disk 1                233GB FUJITSU MHZ2250BK G2 0000011E at ahcich1 bus 0 scbus1 target 0 lun 0
  Disk Total            466GB

Taking the drive model number (MHZ2250BK), you should be able to do a comparable Google search and find the drive you need...

https://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-MHZ2250BK-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003ZTI8KM

As Libin stated, this is going outside of Cisco coverage, so this does void HW coverage. 

You'll get a new drive, and you'll need to remove the drive from the chassis drive cage, replace, and then re-seat.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can certainly pull out a drive that has failed to look at the make and model. 

However, replacing the drive on your own would not be supported and may cause additional issues.

Regards 

Libin Varghese 

Libin. In that situation is there any recommended path to replace it? Can i place an order with Cisco for device which is out if warranty?

Thanks

Mateusz

Getting the support contract renewed is the only method I'm aware of. 

You can certainly speak to your accounts and sales teams to see if there are any alternatives. 

Regards 

Libin Varghese 

The drive itself is a 250GB drive, small form factor.

CCS-HD-250GB= is the part that is provided during Cisco RMA.

From the CLI on the C170, if you run ipcheck, you'll see your drives listed. 

Example:

Disk 0                233GB FUJITSU MHZ2250BK G2 0000011E at ahcich0 bus 0 scbus0 target 0 lun 0
  Disk 1                233GB FUJITSU MHZ2250BK G2 0000011E at ahcich1 bus 0 scbus1 target 0 lun 0
  Disk Total            466GB

Taking the drive model number (MHZ2250BK), you should be able to do a comparable Google search and find the drive you need...

https://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-MHZ2250BK-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003ZTI8KM

As Libin stated, this is going outside of Cisco coverage, so this does void HW coverage. 

You'll get a new drive, and you'll need to remove the drive from the chassis drive cage, replace, and then re-seat.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Robert !