cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport Reporting Reference Guide

cisconewbie1800
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone guide me in the right direction where I can access a IronPort Reporting Reference Guide? Something that shows me how to configure custom reporting on the IronPort or how to modify the canned reports such as Executive Summary.

3 Replies 3

Stephan Bayer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jeffrey,

Please see if the following Daily Management Guide is helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/esa/esa7.6/ESA_7.6_Daily_Management_Guide.pdf

Kind Regards,

Stephan

I finally was able to look through this whole guide. I has some great information but it does not state how to configure reporting on the ironports, such as, the following:

1. Number of emails with attachments, daily

2. Total number of people who sent messages, daily

3. Details (name and email only) of people who send 5 emails, 10 emails, 15 emails, and 20 emails and beyond (with attachments only)

If anybody could help me with these three configurations, I would greatly appreciate it.

AsyncOS dont have those reports builted-in.

You can open a support ticket and fill feature request and request for those in a new version tough.

For recording attachment related info, you could use the configuration described at:

Article #807: How to Log Filenames of Attachments Link: http://tools.cisco.com/squish/07ea7

Then, in the Monitor -> Content Filters

That page and if you schedule a report like that will help you to know messages which contains attachments.

For item 2, you dont have total number of people but you can have the list of people and how many messages.

Monitor -> Internal Users, you can find

In the System Capacity Report you can find the total.

For item 3 you cound try a combination of filters per sender/recipient but I really dont see this as a builted in report.

I am curious tough, does your Internal email server has this reports builted in? If so, you cound get the data you are looking for from that system. But I would agree that if you want this from the ESA, then you dont have the option and the path would be for you to ask for a Feature Request.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Valter