Views
Helpful
Replies

message scanning error: Trailing garbage

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

can some tell me what this error messages means exactly? Some users reported that attachments were corrupted or missing ( seems that the attachments gets part of the mail body... ) Most of the mails affected are beeing genereated by an XYZ application and then sent over our ironports to the internet, where this wonder happens :roll: ...

any ideas?

thanks in advance,
rob

16 Replies 16

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bneville,

Your problem is most likely caused by the script that is generating the messages.
An injection debug log should give all information needed to determine the problem, giving you the information to correct your script. Although this is not really an Ironport issue the Nation might be able to help you solving your problem if you are able to post the complete contents of your injection debug log.

As you noticed there are mail systems "out there" that are not willing to accept bogus message configurations. I doubt if this is really an Ironport problem. Correcting this at the source will be the most optimal solution.

Steven

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

i am sorry that your experience with support was not the greatest. we all give 110% here for our customers.

if you PM me with your case number, I can follow up with you out-of-band and make sure your case is getting the attention you need. AS ALWAYS, we will automatically REOPEN your case if you need simply by replying to one of our 'customercare' emails or calling in to our support lines and mentioning the case number.

steven is right though, it may very well be a non-ironport issue and we have yet to see definitive evidence of what's happening.

andrew