cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Tag

David Owens
Level 1
Level 1

We add a message tag to emails that are user selected to be sent secure using the Cisco Plug-in to exempt the email from DLP scanning.  Is that message tag removed when the message is sent or is it retained until manually removed?  Case - orginal message was marked to be sent secure and message tag was applied, the message was replied to requesting additional information from the sender.  The original sender replied to that reply adding addition information, did not select that Send Secure option on the reply and the message was not picked up as a DLP violation (contained DLP sensitive information).  My question is the orginal message tag stay with the message and on the replies the DLP scanning would be exempted even it additional information is added?

If this is the case I may need to write a message filter to look for that message tag and manually change headers to have the message sent via the IEA appliance.

1 Reply 1

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

as each message that is traversing the internet is containing its own headers, I assume that the message tagging (by using an header) should have no impact here. However, an in-depth analysis of your scenario would require reviewing the message sources and the configuration in place, so I'd recommend to raise a support request with the customer support team here.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: