cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Safelist/Blocklist syntax

flyok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, what is the correct syntax for recipient address in SL/BL?

I tried to set

Sender: testsender@testdomain.com

Recipient: *@mydomain.com

It's accepted but it doesn't work.

When I tried

Sender: testsender@testdomain.com

Recipient: myname@mydomain.com

For this recipient It works.

I want to make SafeList for all our users. How can I do that?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you'really trying to do this for everyone, Safelst/blocklist isn't where you do it.. That's for users to make their own decisions on spam/not spam that they get.

You want to create a new incoming mail policy, set the domain in the sender side, and the turn off the filters you need turned off...( e.g. antispam)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

You don't need the *

Ken: I think I need it :-(Capture.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

No, you don't... and you don't need the @ sign either.

Taken from the online help:
To manage safelists and blocklists, choose Options > Safelist or Options > Blocklists.
You can add sender email addresses and domains. Recipients can only be addresses, not domains. Separate senders or recipients in the list with a comma, or enter each on a separate line.
Use the following formats:
* user@domain.com
* server.domain.com
* domain.com
* [10.1.1.0]
* [ipv6:2001:420:80:1::5]
* user@[1.2.3.4]
* user@[ipv6:2001:db8::1]

Ken:

But my question was: "I want to make SafeList for all our users. How can I do that?"

According to your reply "Recipients can only be addresses, not domains", it looks I can't :-(

If you'really trying to do this for everyone, Safelst/blocklist isn't where you do it.. That's for users to make their own decisions on spam/not spam that they get.

You want to create a new incoming mail policy, set the domain in the sender side, and the turn off the filters you need turned off...( e.g. antispam)

Yes, I have to do it this way.

Thanks, Ken.