Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS failed. Reason unknown error

faruqfarkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, (my current esa version is 15.0.0-104
I received an email that was aborted because of a TLS handshake failure. The reason for the failure is unknown.

faruqfarkhan_0-1700663386104.png

Here's my SSL configuration. 

faruqfarkhan_1-1700663529995.png
any idea what cause email aborted?

thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Assuming you have the default setting, they didn't transfer the email in the 5 minute time limit and were disconnected.

you can check under listeners and it's the global setting.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 103723.jpg

View solution in original post

It is odd it is negotiating TLS, but you really don't see the start of the email transmission. you are not seeing the from, to, etc. This could be an issue on the sending side as it may not be accepting the commands.

Is this just happening with one sender?

You could change the unsuccessful to say 10 min and see if the error happens in 10 min and at least know what is triggering the disconnect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Assuming you have the default setting, they didn't transfer the email in the 5 minute time limit and were disconnected.

you can check under listeners and it's the global setting.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 103723.jpg

Thanks for your answer dustin,

faruqfarkhan_0-1700789481060.png

so for timeout 5min, 
So it's possible that this is causing the error, are there any tests we can do to make sure that this isn't a problem in my area

regards,

It is odd it is negotiating TLS, but you really don't see the start of the email transmission. you are not seeing the from, to, etc. This could be an issue on the sending side as it may not be accepting the commands.

Is this just happening with one sender?

You could change the unsuccessful to say 10 min and see if the error happens in 10 min and at least know what is triggering the disconnect.