cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Mac 1.14 incompatible with other Mac software

Joshua33489
Level 1
Level 1

We are an Apple Mac shop that uses Cisco AMP for endpoint protection. Cisco just released the new 1.14 endpoint client which will be compatible with macOS 11 (Big Sur) when released, but is also supposed to be backwards compatible with earlier versions of macOS. Unfortunately, there seem to be incompatibilities with other Mac software when installed on macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina). For example, once 1.14 is installed, we can no longer use our email client PostBox (https://www.postbox-inc.com/), The app crashes on launch, across all our computers, every time. If we remove or downgrade to AMP to version 1.12, everything works just fine.

Anyone else seeing anything similar?

UPDATE (12-Nov): Case filed with Cisco (#690297757).
UPDATE (17-Nov): macOS 11 (Big Sur) released. Upgrade seems to resolve the problem. See post below.

16 Replies 16

I hear you.

Took us a while to ensure that all of our core apps were Big-Sur-ready before we made the jump. We have some little one-off apps that are not there yet, but all the big ones were updated so we rolled it out to a few of our internal early adopters. AMP was one of the apps on our core list.

Good catch on the release notes regarding earlier versions of macOS. I'll keep the case open and press them on that front then. I was going to suggest, when you next update your case, have them cross-reference with mine (#690297757) and let them know these are likely to be addressing the same issue, but obviously we can't be 100% sure about that. I sent in a bunch of debug files yesterday, so that should keep them busy for a bit.

Cheers!

The collaboration fashion are pretty plenty cloud offerings. WebEx Teams, MS teams. Webex calling services as well as MS group direct routing as you can see here. You need to also if you may hold an eye on matters evolving with Zoom.