cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP4E Exclusion Single Machine

BFlm44542
Level 1
Level 1

So I have come to learn that AMP doesn't have features that I am accustom to. Is there a way, beside creating more policies, to apply an exclusion to a single system?

I am needing to create a 5 separate exclusion for my backup software. The machine function will determine the exclusion. Here are the backup machine functions: Primary Host, Proxy Host (Different types), Retention Host, and DataStore.

I am getting tired of creating all these policies for simple tasks.

2 Replies 2

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunetely exclusions are always mapped to policies which in turn are mapped to groups. There is no supported way to add exclusions to a specific computer. I am not aware of a roadmap item to "fix" this in the near future - maybe somebody else can shed some light onto this

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello BFlm44542,
agree, there are often situation where this is a real pain. We are aware of this. We already started a new internal project called "Policy Management re-design". i cannot guarantee as this feature will be included, but i will add the appropriate infos to the project.

BTW, we recently added a feedback feature to the AMP Console (icon top right in the console). Please use this feature, as any feedback is processes by the appropriate teams.

Greetings,
Thorsten